Thursday, October 4, 2007

Making Progress

Just a quick post today to show off a pair of completed Christmas socks. These are the Simple Socks with a Slant form Cat Bordhi's latest book (I am obsessed with that book). I originally intended a pair of Roza's socks for the BF's sister, but let's face it, big yarn on big needles for little feet equals a faster finish. I learned a few new things form making these, and that always makes me happy. I can now perform Judy's Magic Cast-On without aide or instruction (sorry to J. for the repeated demos!) and can knit a decent toe up sock without holes along the heel. Sweet. They make a nice home for cold feet.
Next up? A pair of socks for my mom. She wanted lace or cables, I opted for the wavy cables of the Uptown Boot Sock from Interweave Knits 25 Favourite Socks. This is my first attempt at knitting cables so let's hope for the best!



No comments: