Sunday, September 30, 2007

I knit a scarf, they want socks.



Isn't it always the way, you knit one thing, they want something else? I'm knitting (or should was, as I just bound off the last stitch mere moments ago) a scarf for my Beloved's mom. It's a perfectly lovely seed stitch scarf in Noro's Kochoran. It's a nice blend of wool, angora and silk and the colours are pretty too. I chose this yarn because the colours reminded of me of a watercolour painting - which the Beloved's mother does. So I put some thought into the way the stitch pattern played up the colourway, adding a bit of texture and interest without distracting from the way the colours blend into eachother (the main attraction for me) and picked something I thought was somewhat luxurious. All of that only to be told that what she wants is a pair of socks. Sheesh. Well, the scarf is done, it's pretty and I am not reknitting it (a surprise for some of you I'm sure. For the record, I do not always knit then promptly unravel my projects. Sometimes they get to continue existing. But only sometimes.) or knitting a pair of socks to make up for it.

Today I had a little help in the homestretch from Stella, the proximity cat. Generally she is content to sit close, but not too close, and to love from afar. Today she opted for the lap, not the whole lap, but enough of it test out the scarf's cosy factor. From the purring I heard, I think it passed the test.
So the score for christmas knitting stands at 2/4 or 2 out of a possible 7. Next up are the sock's for Kelly. This will be the third and final attempt. I swear, knitting socks for tiny feet with fat yarn and big needles just shouldn't be so difficult. I guess it would help if I knit the right size this time. Well, happy knitting, I'm goingto go try that cast on again so I don't have to ask J. to show me again. Cheers.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I figured it out! How to leave a comment, haha (Umm,yes, I realize I am not the smartest person on the planet)

Why don't you knit something for Parker for christmas? A cute cardigan would be nice? (I dont ask for much do i?)


The website looks very professional. I wish I could knit, but I would probably commit murder in frustration.

Love you! Love me.