Friday, September 21, 2007


I had briefly abandonned my fledgling blog (hopefully not driving away any readership I might have had), but today I return. With a picture of a freshly completed Christmas knit. This is for an arty and creative designer friend of mine who I thought might enjoy a specially created, one-off item for her winter wardrobe. This was my first encounter with Malabrigo. I love it. It's so soft and light. My only reservation is the colour transference whilst I knit, resulting in pinkinsh fingertips and splotchy pink additions to my towels. A little white vineager in the rinse will hopefully take care of that. This was knit on 6mm circular needles in a simple 3 row repeat of k1, p1, knit 2 rows. I felt that this created a nice texture and was well suited to the gradual colour variations in the wool. At 4'' wide and approximately 70'' long, it's just right for a wrap or two aroud the neck to keep the chill off. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it and think that my friend will be too.

1 comment:

Amélie said...

That is a nice scarf.
I unravelled my brother's hat.
Perhaps I should look for a pattern but really I just want to knit for myself.